Tuesday 14 February 2017

Bobbin Girl in Issue 4 of Bag Making Essentials Magazine

We did it again, Bobbin Girl Bag Making Supplies made it into issue 4 of Bag Making Essentials magazine, this time not only did my Top Tip when bag making make the issue but I was also hired to write a tutorial on how to insert piping.

Piping is something I avoided for ages, I admired it from afar on all the gorgeous bags I saw on Facebook and Instagram, where piping had been used with great abandon, until one day I decided to have a go myself. I'm not going to lie, there's a definite knack to it, but as with everything else, practice makes perfect.

I'm a bit lazy, I tend to use ready made piping which I sell in lots of colours in the Bobbin Girl shop, but it's also very easy to make, just cut fabric strips on the bias, wrap your piping cord in it and sew really close to create a tube of piping with a flange.

If you would like to read my tutorial on how to insert piping, to give your bag that extra pop of colour, not to mention a more professional look then pick up the magazine in major W H Smiths shop and supermarket chains.  You can also order it on line from Moremags.com


No comments:

Post a Comment